« The Book Cover | Main | Mother-Son Quote Of The Week »

September 14, 2011

Comments

Diane Blackburn

If that is the condition of your basement, then it needs total drying. You should also clean it as well, as dust serves as the mold’s medium to multiply. If personal efforts still aren’t enough, hire a restoration or mold remediation service as the last resort.

Phoebe Clarke

Well, how did the clean up go? :) Did you know that mold can also be removed by vinegar? Vinegar is 82% mild acid that can kill mold species. One advantage of it is that, it is non-toxic and does not emit dangerous fumes. Just put it in a spray bottle. Spray on parts with mold and let it sit for 1 hour. Then, wipe it clean and let it dry. You don’t have to worry much about the smell; it will be gone after a few hours.

Darryl Iorio

I couldn’t blame you when you really ripped your basement out. Erk. I know that smells horrible and devaluing to the house. Diane’s right, though. Total drying should’ve helped. Then, if money’s easy, installing a waterproofing system should come next. Eliminating the source of water is just the surest way of saying goodbye to them.

Tyrone Nold

You’re right, Phoebe. Vinegar can kill mold. I myself, use it at home because it’s more eco-friendly. Some use hard bleach product to easily sanitize or disinfect the mold, since it contains powerful oxidizer. However, fumes emitted by the corrosive chemical are very harmful to our lungs.

The comments to this entry are closed.